Today the sun is shining… last night, it was bucketing down.
I’m finally coming to the realisation that the drought IS over and La Nina is here, and for the first time in my life I’m contemplating purchasing wellington boots.
My tips for wearing gumboots are:
- Look for styles that replicate riding boots – classic, tall and equestrian in feel.
- The higher to your knee they are, the more flattering they’ll be, but don’t go over the knee!
- Calf-length or ankle-length will just cut you off and make your legs look bigger and thicker… no thanks.
- Also high-heel versions are almost always wrong and will date quickly, so are best avoided.
- Go for classic colours like black or khaki. If you want colour, avoid prints and go for an all over block colour.
Here are some of the best online deals for Wellies that I’ve discovered in my search… the hardest part is deciding which ones to purchase
1. BEST Classic
Tall High Gloss Hunter Wellingtons $154.09 via ASOS made famous by Kate Moss
2. BEST quirky classic
Like a Chanel bag for your feet $202.75 via ASOS
3. BEST Block Colour