This time of year, strawberries are in abundance. They’re cheap and if you grow your own, they should be sprouting fruit about now.
I created a strawberry facial scrub a few years ago because they seemed like a nice thing to put on your skin and it’s a great way to use up the berries that may be a bit overripe.
The acidity of the berries and their little seeds seem to polish your skin leaving it with a dewy glow. the scrub also leaves you with a faint strawberry scent… great preparation for date night!
You can make the scrub in advance, however I find it provides the best results if you make it fresh each time.
Instructions after the jump…
1 strawberry makes enough scrub for you face, use 4 if you’d like to use over your whole body.
½ teaspoon of olive oil
Pinch of rock salt
- Throw strawberries, olive oil and salt into the blender and whizz it up until well blended
- Transfer blended mix into a small bowl and over a sink rub mix into your skin being careful not to get it into your eyes
- Leave on for 5 minutes and then wash off
- Follow with a rich moisturiser such as rose hip oil
- Ensure you wash your sink thoroughly and wash any towels immediately otherwise the strawberry may stain.
Tip: Blended strawberry is also a good teeth whitener. Blend strawberry on it’s own and brush it onto your teeth. Rinse thoroughly